Ketel Marte Steals Taco Bell® for Life
Ketel Marte and the winning TacoFractor Card
- What is a TacoFractor?
- A TacoFractor is a Topps insert card issued in 2023 Topps Chrome Baseball and 2023 Topps Cosmic Chrome Baseball. The TacoFractor card can be used to win the “Steal Taco Bell for Life” contest (“Tacos for Life” equals a $15K gift card as further described in the terms below). There are two types of TacoFractors: player-specific TacoFractors, and a TacoFractor Wild Card.
- How do I win Tacos for Life?
- If you have a TacoFractor player card or TacoFractor Wild Card, congratulations, you have a dope card! If you have a TacoFractor of the first player to steal a base, or an eligible TacoFractor Wild Card (see below for description), you must submit your card before December 31, 2023. Remember, only submit a claim for a TacoFractor card of the first player who steals a base during the 2023 MLB World Series™. No other TacoFractors will be eligible (other than eligible TacoFractor Wild Card cards as described below).
- What players are eligible for a TacoFractor redemption?
- See chart above.
- What is the TacoFractor Wild Card, and what players are eligible?
- The TacoFractor Wild Card can be used for any player who does not have their own TacoFractor card. If the player who is first to steal a base during the 2023 MLB World Series™ is not featured on a TacoFractor card, then the holder of the TacoFractor Wild Card may redeem the “Tacos for Life” award. To determine the players who are eligible for TacoFractor redemption, consult the chart above.
- How do I redeem a TacoFractor card?
- You redeem a TacoFractor card the same way as the existing claims process. Topps will use the claims process to validate your TacoFractor.
1. Log into your current topps.com account or create a topps.com account.
2. Click on the CLAIM SUBMISSION link on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Click on the ADD CLAIM button. A pop-up screen will appear.
4. Verify your address; click TacoFractor and fill out YEAR, PROPERTY TYPE, and PRODUCT NAME.
5. Click SAVE.
6. Click PRINT PACKING SLIP, which will have mailing information (You are responsible for creating the shipping label and paying postage).
7. Once you file your claim, you will be asked to mail in your card for validation by our Claims Team. You will receive an e-mail once your card is received and validated.
8. You must redeem your card by December 31, 2023, to be eligible for the “Tacos for Life” award.
9. By submitting your TacoFractor Redemption Card, you agree to our Claims Terms and Conditions and the TacoFractor Terms and Conditions.
- You redeem a TacoFractor card the same way as the existing claims process. Topps will use the claims process to validate your TacoFractor.
- How many TacoFractor cards can I redeem?
- Each TacoFractor may only be redeemed once. However, you can redeem as many eligible TacoFractor cards as you have if the player pictured stole the first base during the World Series (or is an eligible Wild Card as described above). And if each card has been validated, they will be eligible for the “Tacos for Life” award. See the official rules below.
- Steal Taco Bell® for Life Terms and Conditions
- STEAL TACO BELL® FOR LIFE
- OFFICIAL RULES
- THESE OFFICIAL RULES (“OFFICIAL RULES”) PROVIDE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE STEAL TACO BELL® FOR LIFE OFFER (THE “OFFER”). TO CLAIM YOUR AWARD (DEFINED BELOW), YOU FULLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE TOPPS COMPANY, INC. (“TOPPS”), WHICH WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THE OFFER.
- ELIGIBLE CARDS (AS DEFINED BELOW) MUST BE REDEEMED NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 31, 2023. SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS.
- Award. Up to 5 collectors, will each receive a Taco Bell® digital gift card with a face value of $15,000, plus a separate check issued to each of the winners in the amount of $5,250, which represents 35% of the digital gift card amount and is intended to help the winners defray tax liability (each such gift card, a “Award”). Taco Bell® gift card will be subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions contained thereon or otherwise associated with such Taco Bell® gift card.
- Eligibility. You must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and 18 years of age or older (or of legal age of majority in state of residence Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law). Employees, officers and directors of Topps, the Player Entities (as defined below), the MLB Entities (as defined below) and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible to participate. For purposes of these Official Rules, (a) the “MLB Entities” means Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., MLB Advanced Media, L.P., The MLB Network, LLC, the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), and each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which now, or in the future, controls or is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, employees, directors, officers, and agents of the foregoing entities, and (b) the “Player Entities” means, collectively, the Major League Baseball Players Association (“MLBPA”) and MLB Players, Inc. (“MLBPI”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the MLBPA and/or MLBPI, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, members, employees and agents of the foregoing entities, including each and every Major League baseball player.
- Overview. Topps included Tacofractor insert cards for 200 different players (5 cards per player), in packs of 2023 Topps Chrome Baseball (released June 26, 2023) and 99 different players (5 cards per player) and 5 Tacofractor Wild Cards in packs of 2023 Topps Cosmic Chrome Baseball (released August 30, 2023). If you have a Tacofractor, you may be able to receive the Award as further detailed below.
- Tacofractor Player Cards. If you have a Tacofractor of the player who steals the first base during the 2023 MLB World Series, you can redeem your Tacofractor for the Award (“Eligible Player Card”). For a full list of players featured on the Tacofractor cards, please visit the following check lists:
- 2023 Topps Chrome Baseball: https://www.topps.com/media/pdf/MLB2326-2023ToppsChromeBaseballChecklist.pdf
- 2023 Topps Cosmic Chrome Baseball: https://www.topps.com/media/pdf/MLB2314-2023ToppsCosmicChromeChecklist.pdf
- Tacofractor Wild Card. If a player other than a player featured on a Tacofractor (and not listed on the applicable product checklist) steals the first base during the 2023 MLB World Series and you have a Tacofractor Wild Card (collectively with the Eligible Player Card, the “Eligible Cards”), you can redeem your Tacofractor Wild Card for the Award.
- Award Redemption. If you have an Eligible Card, go to https://www.topps.com/customer/serviceclaimcall and follow the instructions to submit a claim. You will need to log into your Topps.com account or create a new one. If you have any issues submitting your claim, you can contact Topps Customer Service at 1-800-489-9149 or email at email@example.com and a Topps Customer Service Representative will help validate your Eligible Card. Each Tacofractor may only be redeemed one time and redemptions are non-transferrable. Tacofractors are void after December 31, 2023, if damaged or incapable of being verified, or if not redeemed in accordance with these Official Rules. Determination of whether a Tacofractor is an Eligible Card and authentic will be in Topps’ sole and complete discretion. Only 5 Awards will be granted. Failure to promptly follow Topps’ verification requirements may result in the disqualification of your Eligible Card in Topps’ sole and complete discretion.
- There is no cost to redeem a Tacofractor, however internet access charges and/or wireless data rates may apply. Arrangements for fulfillment of the Awards will be made by Topps. All details related to the Award not specified in these Official Rules shall be solely determined by Topps.
- In order to receive the Award, Topps may require you to provide information regarding your eligibility and sign and return an affidavit and release.
- All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses associated with the Award not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely your responsibility. Topps shall have no responsibility or obligation to you if you are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Award as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Tacos for Life Award or any portion thereof is permitted.
- Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules, in Topps’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification to receive the Award.
- If, due to an error of any kind, there are more valid Eligible Cards than the number set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor may award the five (5) Awards in a manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In no event will more than five (5) be awarded.
- General Terms. Indemnified Parties (as defined below) assume no responsibility for incorrect, inaccurate, or late entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Offer or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Tacofractors. Topps reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Offer or Official Rules for any reason, including if the Offer is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Topps which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Offer or amendment and/or adoption of new or existing laws and/or regulations regarding the administration, operation or any other aspect of the Offer in any jurisdiction. Should the Offer be terminated prior December 31, 2023, Eligible Cards may be redeemed to the extent received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Topps. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Topps are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE OFFER MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, TOPPS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE OFFER AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE OFFER. EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Topps, the Player Entities, the MLB Entities, Taco Bell Corporation and each of their respective affiliated companies, parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, members, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all liabilities, claims, suits, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting or arising from: (a) the Offer, including your participation therein, and your acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Award, and/or (b) any breach or violation of any representation, warranty, obligation or covenant made by you herein. Further, to the fullest extent permissible under law, you hereby release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Indemnified Parties, and hereby acknowledge that the Indemnified Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, related to the Award.
- YOU ALSO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER PRESENTLY KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE OFFER, PARTICIPATION IN ANY OFFER-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY TACOS FOR LIFE AWARD, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
- THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS TO, LACK OF ACCESS TO, AND/OR USE OF THE OFFER WEBSITE, THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE OFFER WEBSITE, THE REMOVAL FROM THE OFFER WEBSITE, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANYTHING RECEIVED IN CONNECTION WITH THE OFFER.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE OFFER, TOPPS.COM, AND ALL RELATED ACTIVITIES AND MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE OFFER ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- The Offer is in no way sponsored by any of the MLB Entities and/or any of the Player Entities. Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com.
- MLBPA and MLBPI trademarks, copyrighted works and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA or MLBPI and may not be used without the written consent of MLBPA and MLBPI. Visit MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web. All rights reserved. Taco Bell trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Taco Bell IP Holder, LLC.